American Express has announced a major change to their Platinum Card which will make it more accessible for many people. They are also offering a new card with no annual fee, which is great news for people who don’t use the card often.
The american express platinum card is a credit card that offers excellent benefits and rewards. American Express has made some big changes to the Platinum Card so far, which are already doing well for them.
So Far, How Have The Major Changes To The Platinum Card Affected American Express?
on July 31, 2021 by Gary Leff
I am compensated for the content and many links on my site. Citibank, American Express, Chase, Barclays, and Capital One are all advertising partners on this site. My advertising partners have not reviewed, authorized, or supported any of the views stated in this article. I don’t write about all credit cards; instead, I concentrate on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). The offers and perks mentioned on this website are subject to the terms.
CEO Steve Squeri addressed the Platinum Card® from American Express, its additional perks, and the rise in its annual premium from $550 to $695 during the company’s second quarter earnings call (See rates and fees).
He proposed that,
- The most recent Platinum card update “doubled the product’s client base.” This time, the first two weeks of data following the refresh “outpaced…expectations,” and they expect this refresh’s performance to be “no different” from the previous. I had no clue how effective that was.
- They’ve also made an effort to appeal to a younger audience (more years of lifetime cardmembership and expenditure to feed into the model), as they did with the previous refresh and seem to be continuing with the addition of a digital content rebate and Equinox credit.
- This is also in line with their claim that pandemic habits and preferences are still represented in consumer spending.
The Platinum card renewal isn’t the end of American Express’s plans. “Throughout the rest of the year and beyond,” Squeri adds, “we will be updating additional products and bringing out new digital capabilities for both consumer and business customers.”
Click here to see the rates and fees for American Express’s Platinum Card®.
More From the Wing’s Perspective
Leave a Reply
Any thoughts, analyses, evaluations, or recommendations stated in this article are solely those of the author and have not been vetted, authorized, or otherwise sponsored by any credit card issuer. Any bank has not vetted, authorized, or otherwise supported any of the comments posted in response to this article, nor have they been supplied or commissioned by any bank. Advertisers such as Citibank, Chase, American Express, Barclays, Capital One, and others are not responsible for ensuring that inquiries are addressed. All offers are subject to terms and conditions.
American Express has just announced a new change to the Platinum Card. The changes are being met with mixed reviews so far. Reference: american express platinum benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Amex Platinum card fee going up?
The fee for the American Express Platinum card is going to stay the same as it has been.
Is Amex platinum worth it right now?
The Amex platinum card is not worth it right now. It has a $450 annual fee and the rewards that come with it are not worth the money.
Is the Amex Platinum Card prestigious?
The Amex Platinum Card is one of the most prestigious credit cards in America.
- american express platinum card limit
- amex platinum changes 2021
- new amex card titanium
- amex platinum 125k
- amex optio