In our new London quiz, we’ve included some of the city’s most popular tourist attractions, as well as film and music history, art and a bit of geography too. Grab your pen, paper and Union Jack hat (like Joey in Friends) and let’s play!
Photo cover: Anthony Kelly
25 London quizzes to test your knowledge
Revolutionary changing of the guard (Photo: Chris Wotipka)
LEARNING AID :
The London quiz has 25 multiple-choice questions. Click on the link at the end of the quiz for the answers to the questions. Most importantly, if you get stuck, “stay calm and carry on”.
1. Which popular Disney character was created at the London Zoo?
a) Dumbo the elephant)
Winnie the pooh
) Simba the lion.
2. How many UNESCO World Heritage Sites are there in London?
(a) 1 (b)
3. What is the name of the festival held in West London every August to celebrate Caribbean heritage, art and culture?
a) London Flower Festival
) Summer of Love Festival a
) Notting Hill Carnival
4. Which building in London near Trafalgar Square serves as Gringotts Bank in the Harry Potter films?
(a) National Gallery)
Australia House (c
) Hotel Savoy.
5. The Wilton Music Hall in Whitechapel is the oldest surviving music hall in the world, but in what year was it built?
The famous Wilton (Photo: Raffi Uredjian).
6. London has hosted the modern Olympics more than any other city. True or false?
7. Probably the easiest of our London quiz questions! What does the abbreviation TFL stand for?
a) Travel to London b)
Trade to London c)
Transportation to London
Adele, Leona Lewis, Amy Winehouse and Kate Nash went to the same performing arts school in London. What was her name?
a) British School b
) School of Arts Education c)
9. Which London Underground station has entrances on both sides of the Thames?
10. Paul and Linda Paul McCartney and John and Christine Fleetwood Mac met in that infamous Soho nightclub in the 1960s. It was also there that Jimi Hendrix gave his first concert in London. Today it is a private club, but what was the club called back then?
(a) La Taverne
) Bag O’ Nails)
Le Salon du Jazz.
11. The road to which Royal marks the end of the London Marathon?
a) Buckingham Palace
) Houses of Parliament)
12. These may be trivial questions about London, but which American entertainer was born in the London Underground?
(a) Jerry Springerb)
13. Name the famous Centre for Dance and Performing Arts, located on Rosemary Avenue, Islington, North London.
(a) Islington Academy
) Sadler’s Wells Theatre
London’s art scene is enviable (photo: Peter Foreman).
14. What is the largest theater in London’s West End?
) Apollo Victoria Theatre
15 Before the Covid 19 pandemic, Agatha Christie’s enigmatic play The Mousetrap was performed continuously in London’s West End – for how many years?
a) 58 years asb)
37 years asb)
16. Which metro line takes you to Epping Forest, London’s largest public space?
a) North line
) Victoria line)
Back in time in Essex (photo: Paul van der Hulks).
17. What was the name of London Heathrow Airport until it was renamed in 1966?
a) London Airport b) London
City Airport b) South England Airport, London
18. Which “city” of London is the main setting for the iconic British film The Snail and I?
a) Kentish Towne)
) Camden Towne
19. It is known that Quentin Tarantino visits this independent cinema whenever he is in London and he always sits in the front row. What is the name of the cinema?
a) Prince Charlesb)
Screen of the Queen on green background.
20. Name the skeleton of the Diplodocus that was on display at the Natural History Museum in London from 1905 to 2017 (before it became the subject of an excursion to other parts of the United Kingdom).
) Baby c)
21. Which song about London is the oldest?
a) “Waterloo Sunset” by The Kinks (67)
b) “London Girls” by Tori Amos (96)
c) “London Calling The Clash” (79)
22. Which of the following Disney classics is not set in London?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Mary Poppins
. Robin Hood.
23. MI6 headquarters was blown up in two James Bond films (The World Is Not Enough and Skyfall) and then torn down in SPECTRE. The exterior used in the movies is actually a real MI6 building, which is quite safe because most of the building is underground. But how many floors does it go down?
(a) Seven floors..
. Five floors…
The Savoy Hotel is home to the oldest cocktail bar in London. What’s it called?
Barba) Manchester Lounge)
25. How many rooms are there in Buckingham Palace?
(a) 378 (b)
That’s it! How did you answer the questions in our London quiz? Did you find your London call or meet your Waterloo?
Click HERE for answers to our questions on the London quiz
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT PASSPORTS.UK
Best thing to do with little ones in London.
How do you spend the best day in Essex? ….
Here’s how to visit the magical world of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando in Florida.
How do you plan for two weeks in Orlando?
Can you answer all the questions in our very difficult Disney quiz?
How much does it cost to go to Disneyland?
Motorhome travel across America – what’s in store for you?
If you are traveling with an infant or newborn for the first time, this is all you need to know.
Why you need a Little Monthly and where to go.
The best all-inclusive family resort in Jamaica.
Why Touquet should be on your bucket list of things to do before you die.
ridiculously funny facts uk,creepy facts about england,facts about the uk for kids,facts about being british,uk facts quiz,fun facts about english counties,british true or false questions,true or false questions to ask,disney true or false questions,true or false app,true or false nature questions,random true or false questions and answers,good old days quiz,quizzes for the elderly with dementia uk,easy quiz questions and answers free,music quiz for the elderly,memory lane quiz,quiz questions for 50 year olds uk,how does israel visa look like,does tel aviv airport stamp passport,which countries are banned in israel,visiting morocco with israeli stamp,can you go to turkey after israel,can i ask israel not to stamp my passport,www.english-test.net pdf,grade 9 grammar test pdf,free printable grammar assessment test,ielts grammar test pdf,english grammar question paper with answers,english test for beginners pdf with answers,Privacy settings,How Search works,funny true or false questions and answers list,funny true or false quiz questions and answers uk,25 interesting facts about great britain,funny true or false quiz questions 2019,true or false quiz 2020,funny true or false quiz questions and answers printable,funny true or false facts